- Education: The sponsorship covers the costs of education such as school fees, books, uniform, tuition help, and preventive healthcare. Tuition classes are held at special neighborhood SAC Learning Centers run by paid teachers and SAC volunteers.
- Healthcare: Children get basic hygiene, preventive general healthcare (immunization/vaccinations for polio, measles, tetanus, etc.), and, regular medical check-ups.
- Holistic Development: Our volunteers provide cultural and physical activities for personality development.
P O Box 820867
- Email from SAC
You will receive an email from SAC with web access to the child’s photo and information. You will also receive the child’s midterm and annual grade card.
- Communicate with your child
You can mail letters, and send emails, and cards. Our volunteers, teachers and older children will help translate your letters in case the child is unable to read. Your message of love is conveyed to the child.
Your sponsored child will write to you at least once a year and also send a Greeting Card with his/ her photograph on special occasions like festivals. If he/she is in the lower grades, they may not be able to write much in English but will send you wonderful drawings and a few sentences.
If you have any special query your child through SAC will answer them.
- Meet your child
You can meet your child via Skype or have a phone call once a year
You can meet the child in person by special arrangement with SAC if you are visiting the city where the child lives.
You will receive a periodic newsletter about the SAC program and information about the community where your child lives.
- You can manage your account and view payment history
- You will get a receipt and information about the child.
- The child through learning center will come to know that you are his/her sponsor.
- Your sponsored child will update you his/her academic status, monthly attendance, and write an eLetter
- You can talk to the child through web call and meet when you visit India
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Share your sponsorship on these platforms.
Check if your company does matching grants for employees donation. You can contribute through that as well.
- We will be happy to coordinate your visit with your sponsored child and arrange a time at your convenience if you are visiting the city where the child lives in India. As a matter of policy, you can visit the school where your sponsored child is studying only under the supervision of SAC personnel. We need a two-week advance notice to avoid any conflicts with the children’s availability due to their class and activity schedules.
- In the light of our experience, per policy, we will not allow the sponsor to meet the children at their sponsor’s residence, hotels where they stay, or the child’s residence.
- You can also meet the child over Skype once a year at assigned times.
Youth for Sewa (YFS) through its project Vidya Chetana works with us in Karnataka (Bengaluru, Tumkur), Andhra Pradesh (Hyderabad), and Tamil Nadu (Salem). Together we are able to reach the children of the invisible poor. YFS was started with grants from Sewa International. We have supported YFS since its inception and have provided the impetus for starting the Vidya Chetana project.
VKKVanavasi Kalyana Karnataka (VKK) – tribal welfare organization works with us in Karnataka (Uttara Kannada). We are able to serve the difficult to reach tribal belt and provide much needed education to our vanavasi (forest dweller) friends. Sewa International has provided grants to VKK and continues to support it in its other initiatives also.